Our department is a group of volunteers committed to protecting the property and lives of the people who live and work in the community and surrounding area. We are also active within the community teaching fire prevention and providing inspections of local businesses. In order to properly protect the property and lives of those we serve, our members spend countless hours and resources training for both fire and emergency medical situations. Responding to and training for emergencies go toward making our community a safe place to live and work in.
The fire department was originally organized in 1947 as a fire fighting department only. In the 1970’s the department decided to offer medical care as a first responder organization and then in 2004 we made the change to provide pre-hospital care as a transporting ambulance service.